« Home | My New Approach to Screenwriting: A Cure for My Ac... » | Tasks and Slams » | Gathering More Resources » | I'm Not Giving Up, Just Moving On » | Which Comes First? The Structure or the Story? » | Round Peg, Maybe? » | Skipped the Middle » | Recipe for Conflict » | A Little Two Steppin' » | Oh, The Joys of Rewriting »

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Cna yuo raed tihs?

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Olny 55% fo the plepoe can. i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!


I guess if you have trouble editing your work, you can blame it on your extremely efficient brain. Cool. I always blamed it on being a bad speller.

12 Comments:

Blogger Lianne said...

Brilliant, I shall be adopting this excuse from now on!

21/7/06 9:49 AM  
Blogger Neal and Barbara Weckworth said...

Well, How about that! I slogged right through that and it was amazed. Thanks for letting me know that I have abilities that I never knew of.

Neal

21/7/06 9:55 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Thanks guys.

optimistic-reader, a positive excuse is much easier to swallow isn't it? ;-)

Neal, I was amazed too. Every word is completely screwed up and I could read it just fine. It's no wonder I have such a hard time editing my work. I guess the best editors are from the 45% that can't read it.

21/7/06 11:13 AM  
Blogger wcdixon said...

Fcinasating sfftu...

22/7/06 12:10 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

LOL. Thnkas, wcdixon.

24/7/06 7:20 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

That was fairly easy to read. haha!

31/10/06 11:15 AM  
Blogger The Word Demon said...

very witty

2/12/06 7:06 PM  
Blogger Enzio Pesta said...

You seem to be suffering some of the same afflictions that have made my life a living hell, most of it caused by my pursuit of screenwriting nirvana. Perhaps by peeking into the crypt door of my purgatory, it could help you deal with your own demons.

Always open to advice from fellow sufferers of the pox.

17/2/07 9:09 AM  
Blogger alex said...

http://prieslar.info/?search=Jan+Tomaszewski
http://prieslar.info/?search=Zygmunt+Okoniewski
http://prieslar.info/?search=Niemcy+narod
http://prieslar.info/?search=ewy+sonet
http://prieslar.info/?search=niezalezne+forum+o+wojsku
http://prieslar.info/?search=impreza+w+stylu

26/5/07 1:36 AM  
Blogger James Sutton said...

Ttah si os fnuny

I don't think I did it right..

30/4/08 5:47 PM  
Blogger Eleanor said...

Does this mean I can't use the "I'm slightly dyslexic" excuse anymore?

I wonder if I could still read it if the first and second letters were transposed as well...

14/9/08 6:40 AM  
Blogger James A. Ritchie said...

That's not an excuse for poor editing, it's a very old hoax with carefully selected words that anyone can read despite the order of the letters.

It's been going around the internet for many, many years, but was revealed as a hoax only weeks after it started.

14/5/11 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home