« Home | The First Post is Shit, too. »

Monday, May 01, 2006

Starting Over

Here we go. Time to start a new screenplay. I have a few screenplays that I started, got lost in, then put aside while I worked on something new. Since my goal is to write three screenplays this year, I had planned on picking up one of those old screenplays and trying it again. I thought it might save some time since some of the work is already done. It felt almost like cheating. But after rewriting One Week I know that trying to fix a broken script can be harder than starting from scratch, so it's not going to feel like cheating. Also, I read this article the other day and realized that I NEED to finish those old screenplays. I need to work through EVERY step of the writing process over and over. I can't skip the hard parts. I must... keep... ...writing! No pain, No gain.

So, I've narrowed it down to two choices. I'll read each of them and see if anything jumps out at me as an obvious solution to my story problems. If not, I'll have choose a story and give it some thought. Come on, Muse. Let's dance.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

Sorry Jeri, but it seems I keep following you around (heheheeh). I love the progress bars in your sidebar. How did you do them?

4/5/06 3:31 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

I keep sneaking over to your site, too. Feel free to stop by anytime. I enjoy the visits. You left the very first comment on this new blog. I feel like I should give your a prize of something. Will a sincere "Thank you" do?

4/5/06 7:11 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Hey Jeri! Nice to see you expanding your blogging beyond 101 in 1001. Best of luck. I like the way you've put your own spin on those progress bars there! :-) Thanks again for the link over here.

4/5/06 10:06 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Hey, good to see you again, Joel. Yeah, I need a little more encouragement then one progress bar could give me. : ) Thanks for stopping by.

4/5/06 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home